Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mostly About Tonight

Today I had the privilage of talking to someone from my grade seven days and also meeting with another friend from back then too. Morissa and I went out to eat at Formosa downtown. It's a Taiwanese restaurant and oh my they have bamboo rice!! It's the rice that's wrapped in the leaves... so good! AND they have bubble tea.. but only on Saturdays. If you get the hot milk almond tea though it's amazing. And comes in a nice big mug too :) But one thing I don't recommend: their dumplings. Let's just say I shoved spicy radish in my mouth along with it. And I ate only one. But other than that it was good. The bamboo rice was the highlight though; who knew you could get it on the Island?

We also went to Dairy Queen and did you know you could get sundaes covered in marshmallows? YUM. And the peppermint chip blizzard? YUM also.

Being home is nice, especially after being out. It feels so good to be sitting in jammies wrapped in a blanket in bed, surrounded by teddies. Okay well only one, but Polo is big enough to count as a few little ones haha. Oh and did I mention there is no school tomorrow? Holidays are so lovely.

Well I'm off to read some Shakespeare. Thank goodness for The Simpsons or I would have no clue about who Joan of Arc is. Henry the Sixth would be so confusing without it, though it is surprisingly easy to understand. Who knew that Shakespeare could actually make sense without all those helpful hints/explanations in the sides of the school texts?

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com