Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Day Off

So today I woke up this morning to one of the most beautiful sounds in the world - the sound of school cancellations. And considering it had looked so calm and beautiful out (you can't really see wind) it brought an extra smile to the start of the day. Before, of course, I zonked out until the more reasonable hour of 11:30. And sat in bed for a good 15 minutes before getting up for cereal brunch. Though I stayed inside the whole day, it was still good. Started reading the book I had borrowed from Justin for the capital punishment debate; even though it had nothing to do with our side it still looked like an interesting read. Sure enough it was. Written by the same author of "Dead Man Walking" which was made into a movie, this book is called "The Death Of Innocents" and it's about her time spent with two men whom she knew without a doubt were innocent and the courts executed them anyway. It's almost unreal to read what took place, and many times I have to remind myself that it in fact is a real book - found right beside the law books and everything in the non-fiction section of the library. Anyway, I totally recommend it along with a box of kleenex if you cry easily at that sort of thing. Which is why I only plan to read it once. For some odd reason it's usually the second or third time around that I read/watch something that brings tears to my eyes. Not that I don't get it the first time or anything, it's just that.. well, I guess it sinks in harder the second time around. Or something. I guess the highlight of the day would have to go to eating the cake after supper that Florine had made. She loaded it up with ice-cream and strawberries and even though I was already full it was too hard to resist and I ate every bite of that delicious creation while sitting on the floor watching tv. In jammies. It sounds really pathetic but it really was nice, especially when you can hear the wind outside and know that instead of going to school you are doing this. :) Anyways, that was mostly my day. Along with a call from Toronto, which was great. It's nice knowing you are related to someone on the continent again haha.

Well that's it for today. I don't know why I blogged really; I think it was a subconcious attempt to procratinate studying for history, started by going on facebook. I'm not sure exactly what to do on it still, but people add me as friends and I get the email, so it keeps me going back to it. Apparently myspace is the exact same thing, except you hear about it more (sort of). I think I have a myspace account too just so my name would be on it but if you add me to yours don't expect a reply since they don't email me and so I never go on.

Okay I will stop rambling and do some work. History 621A, here I come!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com