Sunday, July 29, 2007

Back!

Well I'm back from a week over at New Brunswick, attending Bayview Christian Camp. Needless to say it was an amazing experience and Deer Island is fantastic. I won't rattle on and on about it now but it will most likely be referenced to often haha. On PEI we are in the middle of a heat wave, meaning 37 degree celcius weather for the second day in a row. Crazy? Yes. Stock up on that water fellas, I don't think it's over yet!

So I guess there's no real point to this post other than to catch up on what's been going on in my oh-so-eventful life, even though it really isn't. Still trying to straighten out the kinks to the whole "moving" thing, but haven't really made a dent. Got invited to some Youth Leaders Conference over in MAC, but as cool as it sounds I'm not really all that interested. Plus it's the weekend of my birthday and since it's a big one I'd rather be home for it. Actually the day will probably consist of me heading over to DQ to buy myself a cake and gorging the whole thing by myself since I don't know anyone out there haha. Wait - do they even have DQ's there? Just joking haha, I'm sure they do =P

Oh man I was watching this show called Numb3rs. It's about solving crime using mathematical formulas. If you've got some time ask me and I'll send you the site where you can watch the episodes they are so good. Like CSI: Las Vegas good. And I like my CSI: Las Vegas.

Anyways it's getting late and there's church tomorrow. I love going to church. I mean I know it's early (and if you know me you know I am not a morning person in the least) but I think it's great that we're able to be able to get together and have fun with other Christians. Almost like camp, except a lot briefer. And with a wider variety of ages. And inside. Well you know what I mean. Kind of crazy how offended people are with even just the mention of Jesus or anything to do with Him. At camp some of us were talking about this and there was this article I read in Time Magazine about this girl who during her valedictorian speech gave credit to Jesus and the administration pulled the plug on her mike. In the middle of her speech. In front of her entire school. How horrific. When I read it I thought it was horrible what they did back then, but then I looked at the date and it was 2006. That was only last year! And really how much has changed?

I guess I'll finish off with one of my favourite songs. It's from A Walk To Remember, one of my favourite movies. Don't know why but I just have it stuck in my head.


Only Hope by Switchfoot/Mandy Moore

There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold
But You sing to me over and over and over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope

Sing to me the song of the stars
Of Your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans that You have for me over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope

I give You my destiny
I'm giving You all of me
I want Your symphony singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs I'm giving it back

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com