Saturday, November 17, 2007

That Time Of Year Again!

Today I officially officially started my Christmas shopping! It's exciting, this going to a mall, browsing the shops, and deciding what everyone might desire but wouldn't have already. Though I am not the best gifter, I have decided this year to have a theme. But don't worry, I'm not going to spoil it by telling you. You will just have to wait until that glorious day one month from one week from tomorrow (Sunday) and then you can see for yourself!

Anyways it's like 2 am here and I've got a big day ahead of me. There's a Christmas Fair in the community centre (?) sideways from Farah the 24 hr food store, somewhere between Tim Hortons and Fortinos.

Actually that Tim Hortons is hiring and I am half thinking of applying there. But with Christmas coming up and me being away for that most busy week and then with school and all... I don't know. But it would be good to have some extra $. Too bad you can't study and work at the same time! Or have universities pay YOU. That would be pretty sweet. Though I did get a scholarship that I didn't even apply for or anything, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Maybe I'll wait until second semester, see how it goes. Maybe.

Okay I'm off to do a bit of reading. You won't believe the pile of books I have by my bed, just yearning to be opened. I am reading Faulkner at the moment. It interesting but also confusing in the way that it is told from the perspectives of people who don't really know what all is going on sometimes. Books that you have to read a few times to fully understand it. But I would still recommend it anyways, if no other reason than the fact that he is considered one of the greatest writers of the 20th century. You may disagree after reading, but either way, at least you will know :)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com