Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Canada's Wonderland

This weekend, Mike took me to Wonderland and I have got to say, it is pretty freaking amazing.

I wanted my first rollercoaster to be the biggest so first thing we went on the Behemoth, Canada's newest and biggest. Starting off with a practically 90 degree drop, I seriously thought it was the end of life as I knew it - literally! Thank goodness it wasn't or Mike and I would've missed all the other good rides! But if you are very chicken like me, do yourself a huge favour and force yourself on all the rides. I even went on the Droptower - a ride that shot straight up in the air, lets you dangle for a moment, and then plunges you straight down to the ground - and as terrified of heights as I was, after you're back on the ground and your heart begins to beat again, it's just amazing. Anyways we went on Backlot Stunt Coaster (formerly Italian Job), Flight Deck (formerly Top Gun), Minebuster (the sketchy wooden one), Thunder Run, and the Action Theatre, all ones which I would definitely recommend.

Who doesn't love Wonderland, really. It's a huge amusement park that's got a little bit of something for everyone. Spinning rides, upside-down rides, crazy rides, scary rides, relaxing rides, wet rides... and when you get tired of the rides there are shows, pools, gift shops, carnival games, arcades, and heavily overpriced foods. Speaking of foods, when you go try a funnel cake. It's like the official Wonderland food, and though it's like $12 a plate, it's definitely worth it if only for the experience. And don't be a sucker and miss the shows. I made Mike watch one and though he thought it was going to be lame, even he was amazed and impressed by the acrobatic feats. In fact I think he was more excited than I was haha. We spent a lot of time at the arcade and watching the carnival games as well. Well mostly watching the carnival games and talking about how big of a scam they were. Mike did try his hand at the ring toss, whack-a-mole, and fool-the-guesser though. He saw a lot of people with the huge prizes and wanted to win one and though he came really close in whack-a-mole twice, he fooled the guesser and won me a pikachu :)

So yes, go to Wonderland this summer. And if you've got an extra ticket, I certainly wouldn't mind going again ;)

1 comments:

Courtney Saunders said...

Sounds like fun.
I can think of another great experience that you could have while you are in toronto!
Canadian Idol. And you could get there autographs for me :)
And who knows you could love it, mike like the show he didnt want to see! And plus it's so much cheaper to go to this :)

Think about it

 
design by suckmylolly.com