Thursday, February 26, 2009

[Insert Clever/Witty Title Here]

I love my student house. It's newly renovated, the rooms are nice, and we pay low rent every month, all inclusive. So don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing it. But let me just say that this place scares me sometimes.

I don't mean the "ahh creepy" kind of scare, though when no one else is home I will admit to turning on all the lights and sleeping beside an exacto knife. What I mean is that things that you normally take for granted doing in a house will sometimes have serious consequences that you totally didn't expect.

For example, the power fuse is famous for blowing when a roommate has his heater plugged in (an energy-efficient one even) and you turn on the kitchen lights. Though it has happened quite a few times, it still scares the crap out of me. One moment I am happily doing whatever it is I'm doing, the next moment I think I have been struck blind and trip over everything in a panic.

I think this is slowly conditioning a fear of late-night kitchen visits, especially since the fuse also blow when you open the back fridge (where the frozen food is). Recently I've been substituting oreos for real food when I'm hungry at night. I don't know what effects it has been having on my health and well-being but I know of one dreadful consequence that I fear will haunt me for life:

I'm starting to hate oreos.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com