Friday, October 27, 2006

Almost

Okay, so 2:42 a.m. is technically Friday and since I am exhausted and can't go to sleep, I might as well start this post.

Almost. Defined by Dictionary.com (such a useful site) as slightly "slightly short of or not quite accomplished." And sadly, I have come to the conclusion that this is my life. Yes, it it's true that I am short and that I'm not very accomplished, but it seems as if in all aspects of my life, "almost" is the word that describes it most.

School:
Did you get in honours? Almost.
Have you finished/started your homework? Almost.
Do you understand? Almost.
(and pretty soon) Did you get into university? Almost.

Social Life:
Did you get to go out? Almost.
Have you made some new friends? Almost.
Do you even have friends? Almost.

Real Life:
Have you been strengthening your relationship with Jesus? Almost.
Have you done really well or stuck through with anything? Almost.
Did you see/hear/smell that? Almost.
Can you reach that? Almost.
Do you even understand? Almost.

Love Life:
Almost.

It seems like the most important areas in life that I need to concentrate the most on I don't. And instead of working to strive for the best in what's really important in life, I tend to focus on the minor things. So it's my own fault really. How I can expect to succeed at things I put little effort into I don't really know. But I stand guilty as charged. Now that I kind of think about it, this is definitely a wake-up call. Whether I get up and take charge or hit snooze for another five more minutes is another story.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com