Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Laundry, Gaelic Get-Together and Blog Updates

The name says it all: that's pretty much everything this post is about.

I woke up this morning (and yes it was still morning because I remember it being exactly 11:26 a.m.) and started doing laundry. And let this be another new years resolution: don't ever forget to do laundry again! I missed last week and part of the week before and man was there ever a lot of laundry to do today. Especially since I had to wash my jacket and etc. For darks alone there were 2.4 full loads. I was able to do light in one because I shoved everything in and padded down, and the jackets I put in with the .4 of the dark, so it saved up on loads. But still, that's a LOT of laundry. That's pretty sad though now that I think about it. What am I doing with so many clothes? Too many Old Navy shopping trips... Here's another new year's resolution: have better control over spending!

This evening there was a Gaelic get-together over at my teacher's house, where we (some people in the class, the teacher, his wife and kids, and I) played games mostly in Gaelic. We learned how to play pictionary and hearts, which was really fun. Pictionary was soo hard in Gaelic but it was interesting and it's a good thing we didn't finish the game of hearts because I could feel myself getting addicted! But now I can understand how the game is played on the computer. Sad isn't it, how so much revolves around the computer now. It takes away a lot of other forms of entertainment, such as cards for real. Which is ten times better than on a computer. But we are so dependent on it. I say that because I know I'm not alone when I was surprised one day when I was sitting somewhere and someone broke out a deck of cards and started playing solitaire and I thought "whoa it's an actual game?!" One day I will learn how to play set up and play solitaire in real life but for now I am pretty happy with hearts. The only thing is, it's a multiplayer game. And who do I know that knows how to play hearts, other than probably Nancy who seems to know every card game existed? Umm not sure. Oh well, maybe this is a good thing.

So tonight I updated my blog, fiddling around with the html to configure it to what I wanted. It's pretty much what I had in mind, though not quite. But it works. I changed the blog title, the description, moved the sidebar to the other side (thanks Vinnie), added a fortune cookie feature, and made a picture to go with the title. The picture, although looks simple, actually took a while to make, considering I had to edit me out of another picture and everything. If you are wondering about the expression on my face it was me scrunched up pretended to be serious, but I guess it's hard to tell with the eggs (yes that's what they are in case you couldn't tell) over my eyes. That's Centre Island in the background; I wasn't really walking around with a hat and scarf in the middle of summer in case you couldn't tell from the speed editing job I did haha. I don't really like the picture but I wasted time on it so I figured I might as well put it on. Plus it looks stupid so it kinda goes with this blog, don't you think? :P

And I've been listening to the country music station and if I hadn't said so already I'll say it again: I'm starting to love it! I used to laugh at youth group Jen for listening to it, because though I liked country I was surprised that people actually tuned into the station (all country, all the time?) and just recently (the past couple of weeks) I've had it on since for some reason my alarm radio couldn't switch over to Magic 93 anymore after I went to Ocean (weird) but it picked up the country station so I listened to that instead. And now I listen to it (on my stereo) out of choice. Jen used to say how she found country music deeper than other music; like how they were actually about stuff instead of like, for example, sex, and now that I'm actually listening to more than random Shania Twain I realise it's true. So now I'm listening to mostly country, with the occasional switch back to Magic or Ocean for a little variety (and also to catch some of the other songs that I enjoy).

Well I'm going to do some other stuff. Have a good night!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com