Monday, July 16, 2007

Lost In Translation

I decided to watch a movie in chinese to see how much I could understand it. So I picked a movie starring none other than Jackie Chan, one that I had seen before, and watched it with chinese subtitles. Halfway through I found out I could read it better than I could understand it, which is really sad considering I only know six words in chinese and half of them are numbers. Meaning I really need to learn!! It's back to the learning tapes for me: "Hello my name is Peter White. I'm sorry, what is your name? Thank you, my teacher is out today." Because those are the things everybody needs to know how to say... Much less exciting than "You will not get away with this! Ouch!" Actually my favourite line, which he says in chinese with english subtitles actually popping up "I hope next time we meet we will not be fighting each other. Instead we will be drinking tea." Classic! If I could learn one sentence, that would most definitely be it haha.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com