Friday, August 24, 2007

On My Own

Waking up this morning was a great feeling. No parents, no adult supervision, no nothing. Not that it was a bad thing, but just that it's nice to be on your own you know? Hamilton is totally different than what I had expected. I had thought either it was going to be big like Toronto or small like Charlottetown. And really it is huge but more in the way of big long roads than stuff to do. Less than Charlottetown, believe it or not. I say that because there is no more car and apparently the nearest mall is a fairly long bus ride away. But there are lots of restaurants nearby. Think University Avenue, except on a longer scale. The weather here, which everyone is dying to know, is very hot and muggy. After just walking around for a bit yesterday I desperately needed a shower. Reminds me very much of Egypt except with the small houses of Scotland. Actually where I'm living (with a potential 9 other people) has sort of the feel of a hostel, except more private. And nicer, since right now there are only two others.



Dad and I went around the university yesterday; it is huge! 300 acres and home to 25 000 students, it is like a small city in itself. Beautiful campus though and there are dozens of canadian geese and big squirrels! The student centre is like a mall, which shops and everything. There is also a nuclear reactor which looks really cool. One day I think I will book an appointment to tour it so I can see what it's like.

Now for breakfast... bacon and eggs?

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com