Monday, December 18, 2006

Simple Pleasures

After coming home from school I was able to have the opportunity to sit down amid the usual hustle-and-bustle of the house with not only good food but also a good book. I stayed at the kitchen table, curled up in a sweater and reading for a good hour and a half. Funny the things you forget you love.

I could've stayed that way for hours and hours except I became too exhausted to read and so I turned off all the lights and made my way upstairs. But on the way there I passed by the Christmas tree, and it's so beautiful lit in a dark house I just had to stop. And then I saw the piano, and since Friend was gone and Florine was upstairs asleep I just had to play. So, retrieving the hymnal that was tucked away behind the stand, I started playing O Little Town Of Bethlehem. Except I haven't played in so long, so when I say "play" what I really mean is "stumble painstakingly through the song, repeating every other note at least once until I got it right." Thankfully no one was listening or they would've been covering their ears haha. But I forgot how much I had missed piano too and it was nice to be able to play again, no matter how bad.

So today held some nice little breaks from the usual school, eat, work, repeat that usually constitute what is known as my life :)

Also it's worth mentioning that I was congratulated for writing my gaelic letter on time, even though I thought I was one of the last. Which usually I am. But I guess I'm making up for it with English class, where I have both a research essay that I have to actually research and a book talk where I have to read the book (I changed the book I was doing as of umm..today), write the talk, and make a visual presentation, and they are all due on Wednesday. As in two days from now.

Oh and did I mention that I still have all my Christmas shopping to do? :S

But I plan to get that done on Friday... while skipping school.

They shouldn't even be HAVING school on Friday anyways. Actually, they shouldn't be having school this week since it's so close to Christmas and everything. But I guess the school board assumes that we don't have lives so it's okay if we only get out the day before Christmas Eve. Pfft.

What was I going to do again? Oh right, homework. Sorry for that last bit, I got a little cranky because I had realised I was out of fishermen's friends. Oh dear...

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com