Thursday, January 04, 2007

I wish I had bigger hands..

So I just snuck downstairs in the middle of the night carrying my laptop and in the dark got a glass of water (I was thirsty -> see Nathan's picture of a dead fish out of water) and found my way to the piano, where I manuevered the stuff around the stand enough so I could put it down and replace it with my trusty laptop. I had gotten a copy of the sheet music for "Foolish Games" by Jewel and I wanted to see if I could really play it. And surprisingly, even after a year (or is it two) of barely touching the piano, I was able to stumble my way through the song; though very very slowly. But I could still do it! Well most of it, except for a chord that calls for a bigger finger-extention than mine, which strain as I might I could not get. That's the probem with small hands; you can't reach all the notes you want to. The way my fingers are I have to strain to hit an octave... which is pretty sad, considering some other people can go over over and beyond. But oh well, it was still fun to play. When I get a house I'm going to buy a baby grand and hopefully by then I'll have enough time to not only take lessons but also to practice! And hopefully by then my hand will have grown so I can reach those tricky chords. Hopefully.

So anyways, it's very late/early and since I only got 3.45 hours of sleep last night I should get a comparatively early start to bed tonight. Have a good night, sweet dreams, and beautiful whole day tomorrow!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com