Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday Dinner

Coming back from church I was really hungry and needing something quick and easy. So armed with two pots, a bag of rice and a can of soup, I got down to work. Here is the recipe, for those that want to try it, and also for my own memory.

Start with the rice.
1. Rinse in pot until water runs clear
2. Fill pot with about twice as much water as rice
3. Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt and stir
4. Cover and bring to a rolling boil
5. Leave on low heat until water is absorbed and to desired tenderness

While the rice is absorbing, prepare the soup. I had bought a can big beef stew, which I think goes really well because it is thick and hearty. Plus it was on sale!
1. Empty can into pot
2. Heat on low until steam rises but not yet boiled

Combine rice and stew and ENJOY!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com