Sunday, August 05, 2007

Chinese Pancakes

My brother was talking to me about this a while ago and so last night I went to Sobey's, got the ingredients, and decided to try to make it. Turned out not too bad, though I forgot the salt and had to put it on afterwards, which gave it a different taste. Anyways here it is in case you want to try it for yourself.

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 stalk green onion, chopped
1 cup water

Combine flour and onion in small mixing bowl. Do not forget salt. Stir in water slowly to avoid lumpy dough. Fry thinly in medium-sized pan. Serve plain or with your choice of soy sauce or, if you're like my brother, really spicy sauce.

When asked to make it today for a friend, he suggested adding eggs, milk, and sugar. I have no idea how that would turn out but I'll let you be the brave one. If you do try it let me know!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com