Monday, October 01, 2007

The Perfect Salmon Dish

At the local Fortinos earlier today there was a sale on salmon fillets. Now if you know me, you will know that my favourite fish has got to be the salmon and so I couldn't resist the urge to try to make some myself. But I had never made it before, so I asked the lady how to cook it in a pan and so here is her recipe, with some added stuff of my own.

Call it beginner's luck, but that salmon turned out so beautifully I'm pretty sure I have reached my full cooking potential and from this moment on it will all just go downhill from here. But let's hope not.


Needed:
2-3 cups rice
1 salmon fillet
1/2 cup (?) Famous BC Salmon Marinade & BBQ Sauce
3 stalks green onion, chopped
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables

1. In dish, coat salmon with sauce on both sides. Toss in green onions, cover (saran wrap will do) and marinate in fridge for 15-20 minutes. DO NOT LEAVE IN FOR MORE THAN 30! Apparently it makes the sauce go bad, sitting for too long.

2. Rinse the rice, bring to a boil, cover and leave on low heat.

[This would be a good time to get some things done, i.e. study or wash dishes. Personally I chose the latter]

3. Sprinkle water into a frying pan on low heat and slide in filet, skin side down. Cover and leave for 20 minutes, sprinkling more water occasionally.

4. 10 minutes after the fish, boil water in separate pot, throw in vegetables, bring to second boil, cover, and let sit until salmon is done.

Serve and Enjoy!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com