Friday, December 21, 2007

Good Food, Good Friends, And Umm... Corn Chowdah.

So I've been back for two full days now and what a time it's been. I've only been gone for a couple of months but in some ways it seems like forever. Ten days seemed like a while but now it seems like hardly enough. People have been so great; my family here, my friends. Homesickness had never ever been a problem for me, but there have been so many memories made here that it makes it impossible to miss. I hear so many people saying how they want to get out of this place so bad, but that's only because they don't realize how good they've got it until they don't got it anymore.

I was talking over msn with a good friend I haven't seen for a while. She's been away out west for months, training for the mission field. Friday she completed her training and Monday she traveled all the way to Thailand. I didn't think we'd be able to stay in contact but she found some way to get online which was great. Now I've never been to Thailand and though the names sound kind of similar it seems a lot different than Taiwan so I don't have a clue what it's like there. But what a difference it would be from here! And by "here" I mean North America.

Wow totally started going off on a tangent, but anyways I'll let her tell her own story; it's not mine to say.

Anyways I arrived safe and sound. The plane from Halifax to Charlottetown was the tiniest I had ever seen; an 18 seater, with two rows of one. When I walked out of the tunnel to get to the plane outside, I wasn't sure if that was the plane I was supposed to get on or a private one. Almost veered off to a different plane LOL. But though it had arrived late and there weren't as many amenities as say, a jumbo jet, it was an incredible experience. You could feel every bit of that aircraft taking off and its journey in the sky. If I was ever to fly a plane, I would want it to be a small one like that one. It even had two open propellers instead of the large cylindrical cups - a very nice old school charm. I even saw the sun disappear under the Nova Scotia horizon. If you have never watched the sun go down, go do so right now.

The family here had a big get-together lunch here yesterday - it was wonderful. People came all the way from Murray Harbour for Jon because he was given an offer he couldn't refuse to go out west for a couple of months. He's a strong worker and is appreciated and in high demand over there, which is great. But two months is a while, and it will be sad to see him have to go right after Christmas. It is an honour though, and I'm really happy for him.

Josie is due in March. If you ask her she is able to tell you exactly how many days it has been, centimetres it is, and how many pounds she has gained since. Quite amazing! Dan seems so excited and was extra jolly for those few minutes that we saw each other. They are going to make amazing parents!

Over the last couple of days I've been lucky enough to hang out with some really good friends, namely Morissa, Katie, and Courtney. Morissa I've known ever since I started school on the Island in grade five and Katie and Courtney have been amazing friends since grade eight when I switched schools. We each have had our fights and fallouts but there has definitely been way more fantastic times and great memories made.

Speaking of memories, I was looking through some old files on this computer today and found tons of pictures, many I had completely forgotten about from 2004-2006 that I had taken with my digital camera. They're uploaded to Facebook so if you want to check that out go right ahead. Feel free to tag yourself too, since I'm too lazy to do any. And sorry if there's not many pictures of you; I realized as I was going through them how I would be snap-happy at certain times and other just as big times there would hardly be any. But if you really wanted, you could dig through your old photos and make an album yourself. No pressure though. At least not a big one...

Anyhoo it is late and I want to get up before 10 am tomorrow so goodnight all of the maybe one random person who accidentally stumbles across this! And leave a comment too if you've got time or even if you don't. I miss those.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com